To implement the mandate effectively through creation of awareness about improved agricultural technologies, the following activities be defined for each KVK.
- On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems;
- Out scaling of farm innovations through frontline demonstration to showcase the specific benefits/worth of technologies on farmers’ fields;
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills in modern agricultural technologies and enterprises;
- Work as Knowledge and Resource Centre for improving overall agricultural economy in the operational area;
- Conduct frontline extension programmes and provide farm advisories using ICT and other media on varied subjects of interest to farmers;
- Production of quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agent etc) and make available to farmers;